Sometimes when you create twitter posts and add links to them which go back to your blog/website the content does not show as you would like or at all. A solution fro this for those using WordPress and the YoastSEO plug in is to use the social panel. To be able to do this you will need to have the YoastSEO plug in installed and active.
1. To create the custom link content for Facebook and Twitter go to the respective post that you are adding a link to in facebook or twitter. Dashboard > Posts > Edit
2. Now scroll to the bottom of the page where you will see a YoastSEO tab. Below the tab on the left you will see another tab with an icon on it that looks like three dots linked together by lines. When you scroll over it “Social” will appear in the tool tip bubble. Click on it.
3. You will now see the Facebook and Twitter logo. Click on the logo to alter the content for the respective social media type.
4. The Facebook option allows for a custom Facebook title, a custom Facebook description and a custom Facebook image. An image can be uploaded. Be sure the follow the recommended site of 1024 by 630 pixels. This image should be created and optimised in advance.
5. The Twitter option allows for a custom Twitter title, a custom Twitter description and a custom Twitter image. You can upload images and it is recommended that the size is 1024 by 512 pixels for Twitter. It is best to create these images in advance to the specific size and also optimise them.
6. Once you have added the content you desire for each respective social network make sure you scroll to the top of the page and click the update button on the right side of the screen.
7. Now when you go to Twitter and Facebook and add a link to the respective post the custom data should fill in.